Marcus Meurer is the founder of DNX Global, a movement that connects and supports digital nomads around the world. He also hosts the DNX Podcast, which teaches tools for a more fulfilled life. DNX is hosting an upcoming event in Lisbon, Portugal, in September 2018, which will be featuring educational workshops centered around working remotely and living holistically. Click this link here to learn more
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why the life that’s “expected” of you might not be the one that fulfills you.
- How to transition from a conventional 9-5 to nonconventional remote work.
- Why your personal growth is directly proportional to the growth of your business.
- How to uplevel your health and wellness, and access more clarity and vitality.
3 Lessons from Marcus’ Interview:
1. Leading a Fulfilled Life Requires Self-Awareness.
Marcus emphasizes that the only way to be truly fulfilled is to know thyself. When you are in touch with yourself, you are able to give yourself what you desire most.
Marcus says his life became exponentially more fulfilling when he decided to be honest with himself. He used to be “doing what people expected of me” — working a corporate job, climbing the ladder, etc. But inside, he“felt miserable.”
That’s when he decided to quit his job and pursue success on his own terms.
Marcus’ story teaches us that fulfillment is a product of self-awareness. If you seek more fulfillment in your life, be radically honest with yourself. Is the life you’re leading filling or draining you?
2. Your Business Can Only Be As Big As You Are.
Marcus also emphasizes the importance of self-development. He says, “your business can only grow as big as you have grown as a person.”
In order to develop yourself, you must invest in yourself. You might hire a mentor, attend a conference, listen to podcasts, or read book summaries.
3. A Good Morning Routine Helps You Start the Day Off Right.
How does Marcus get so much done in a day? He says he gets an early start and performs rituals that set him up for success. His morning routine is as follows:
- 5am wake up
- Oil pulling for 20 minutes
- Gratitude routine
- 7 minutes of stretching
Your morning sets the tone for the rest of your day. If you think you would benefit from a morning routine, design one and commit to it.