Debra Silverman has had a private astrology practice for over 40 years. She has served celebrity clientele including Sting and Trevor Hall. She is also the author of the book The Missing Element: Inspiring Compassion for the Human Condition and a successful YouTuber who has garnered 7+ Million video views.
In Debra’s episode, you’ll learn:
- How astrology provides insight into your personality and why you are the way you are.
- A method to heal trauma and emotional pain.
- How to cultivate self-compassion.
Key lessons from Debra’s episode:
1. Your Personality is Largely Determined by Your Astrological Sign.
“Astrology explains the parts of ourselves we can’t explain,” Debra says. “It’s not just a predictive tool, it’s also a tool for understanding and cultivating compassion for our personalities.”
If you’ve ever wondered why you’re introverted, disorganized, or perfectionistic, astrology could provide you the answers you’re looking for. Debra says our personalities take basis in our astrological signs, which are determined by our place, date, and time of birth. It may provide you closure to know that many of your traits are a consequence of your sign and not some defect or something you need to change.
2. It Helps to Neutralize Your Point of View.
So often we get so involved in the story and drama of our lives. We tell ourselves we are a victim, that he or she is bad, or that it would be so terrible if a certain outcome unfolded. Allowing our minds to weave these kinds of stories can be exhausting and potentially destructive, particularly when those stories are negative.
Debra encourages us to strip away our stories. Here’s how:
- Bring a neutral lens to your experience. Simply notice what is happening around you. Detach yourself from judgment and expectation.
- Practice this “observer muscle” often, especially when you feel yourself getting dragged into the story.
Meditation can be a powerful practice to help you get out of the mind’s story and into a neutral perspective. Allow the inner mental chatter to fade out.
3. Movement is Key.
“Moving energy is the shortest, simplest way to never age and stay healthy,” Debra says. She’s a huge advocate for daily movement, not only for its physical benefits, but also for its mental and energetic benefits. If you often feel tense, or if your chest feels “heavy,” this can signal the presence of dense energy in your body. An effective way to help it clear your system is to move your body. Find a form of movement you actually enjoy and commit to it as a regular practice.